Thursday, February 28, 2013

Joining the Get It Done!


Wow,   Tomorrow is the March 1st and I have only finished one project this year...

I think I need to step it up a bit, because I know when summer comes, I will be in the garden and not quilting, unless it is raining.   

To help with that I am joining Judy's Get It Done and hopefully that will help keep me on track.  There are so many projects I like and want to do, have started and want to finish, that I tend to get distracted a little.  Okay, a LOT actually.

My list of finishes don't include much since it was just one February BOM.  I am working on finishing some potholders but only three are done and seven more to go.  I will count that as a finish when they are ALL done.

So this month I plan to FOCUS.

For March the focus is to get these projects completely finished.  Since I started tracking how many hours it takes me to make a quilt, I am going to take a guess at how much time I think each of these will take.

  • Potholders ~4 hours
  • January BOM ~2 hours
  • Art Quilt from a class I am taking on March 2.   ~15 hours but really no clue.
  • March BOM  ~5 hours
  • Nephew's Quilt ~8 hours 
To finish piecing a spring Mystery quilt from last year. ~8 hours
And to get Easy Street pinned and ready for quilting. ~4 hours

This is about 11-12 hours a week of sewing.  I think I can manage that for March.

Check back in a month and see how I did...



6 comments:

  1. Great goals - enjoy your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! 11-12 hours a week can be done on a free weekend, you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is what I am hoping. A couple nights during the week and the rest of the weekend.

      Delete
  3. I never thought to estimate the time it takes. That might be come in handy. LOL It does sound very doable when listed like that. Good luck with your March goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did either until a couple weeks ago I just started getting really frustrated with what little I was finishing. That is when I started to track how many hours things really do take. Sort of like the kid at the buffet, whose eyes are bigger than his stomach. I am sort of that way with projects. My eyes are bigger than my time available.

      Delete
  4. Great list, and I think your estimates, minus the class which is an unknown, are pretty good. I loved when Judy was doing her quilt for an hour a day projects. I got SO much done!

    ReplyDelete