Sunday, February 10, 2013

Easy Street Blocks are Done!

I was hoping to be further than I am, but I had other commitments last weekend and spent half of this weekend painting.   But I finally have all the blocks done for my Blue/Teal Green Easy street.  That is such a nice feeling and to see that box where I stored the smaller pieces empty, makes it feel like I am really busting some stash.  Now I just need to put these large blocks together and add the border.


I still think it looks too busy because of too much black in the black on white.  That seems to distract from the pattern.  Oh well.  Live and learn.   

But I do have to say my seams are matching up pretty well.  There are a few that are off, but most are spot on.  The only thing that isn't mostly spot on are those flying geese.  Way too many have their wings clipped.  Given how many I made I don't think the no waste method is for me.   I will have to try a different method next time.

Now on to some applique blocks for a class I am taking first before I can finish this.

I also found that I need to figure out how to get a bigger design wall if I make many more of these bigger quilts.  Running out of room on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment