Sunday, February 17, 2013

First finish for the year

Well I finally have my first finish of the year.   It is part of the BOM and I started and finished the February block.  I still haven't completely finished the January block because I haven't stopped at the store to get buttons for the snowman.   I should be able to stop and get them this week and get that one finished as well.


I had my applique class this today.  Working on the satin stitch.  I don't need to class so much to learn as I need it to get motivated and for the practice.  I haven't really done much applique work.   Right now applique seams to be the roadblock that is preventing me to finish some quilts I have.   I am hoping this series of classes which teaches different techniques for applique will help me over come what ever it is that is preventing me from finishing these.   I think the roadblock is the fear of messing it up.   

Anyway this is what I have finished so far with satin stitch applique.  Next month will be covering how to taper the points.

Now with those done for this month it is back to my Easy Street and putting those blocks together and adding the border.

1 comment:

  1. I love that BOM! When it is finished with each month it will be beautiful, I'm sure. :O)

    ReplyDelete