I dug it out to see what was done, what was not done and if anything was missing. I will be visiting her in a couple weeks as long as it doesn't snow!
I was planning on visiting her this weekend, but thanks to this blizzard, I stayed home. It shouldn't snow in April especially this much.
Well I found 29 1/2 of the blocks done. More than I expected.
I then went through to see what was left and if any were missing. This was a iron transfer and all the blocks were already transferred. The problem is they bled and faded so none of them are very clear. So the ones left will all need to be traced back on the blocks. Going through the original patterns I found I was missing two.
So then I quickly went through the blocks to see if I could still make out the pattern for these two. One is the half done block and that one didn't bleed or fade much. The other one I could make some of it out, but it was pretty faint.
Ok, lets see if I can find this pattern or image of the quilt online somewhere. I can't be the only one who has this. And I found it here. It is now considered Vintage. Ok, I knew she had it a while, but I hadn't considered it vintage. And lucky me the picture was of the California block I was missing. Yeah!
I then drew the design the best I could and now have this block ready to embroider. I can see it better than the picture shows.
Now I have this set up to start working on as my handwork so I can hopefully finish this vintage UFO. I am hoping to get at least one block done each month, so this quilt will still take me two years to complete. But I will get it done.
And I need to get working on my other UFO's before they become Vintage too.