Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Preventing UFO's with a couple finishes

Have you ever taken a class, but didn't finish the project in class and it became a UFO?   I have.  I still have a few of them waiting patiently for me to finish.  Ok, maybe they are not patiently waiting, but I stuffed them into the back of my closet, so they are not staring me down and screaming to be finished.  I will finish them, but first I need to finish some I started and keep them out of the UFO pile.

These two I prevented from becoming UFO's and finished them.  Because what good does it do you to finish your UFO's if you just create new ones?

Here is the project from my Path to an Art Quilt class I took at the beginning of March.  It is called Dragonfly Sunset.


And this next one is from a Progressive Applique clinic.  Each quarter in this clinic she introduces a machine applique technique and we meet each month to work on the project.  This quarter was the satin stitch technique, with lots of practice doing curves and points.  

I haven't done much applique, but I really like the looks of it.  So much so that I have several kits and a UFO waiting for me to applique for a couple of years.  So I am hoping this clinic will help me learn the different techniques and gain the confidence to finish those UFO's and quilt kits.  Next quarter is buttonhole technique.

Now off to finish my March BOM...  I fell behind on this one and need to catch up.  I can't let these BOM become more UFO's!

   





No comments:

Post a Comment