Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What was I thinking????

Ok, 
so I know I have this tendency to over commit myself, 
but I thought by cutting back on my working hours I would still have some time left over for quilting (and blogging.)

Well that did not happened.   
What I found is I am too tired and overwhelmed with no mojo to quilt when I am over booked.

Not good.
But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  

You see I have been coaching a middle school robotics team and in about a week is the competition.  
I have a whole new appreciation for middle school teachers that have to motivate these kids for a living.

Although this team has the potential to do really great things and sometimes they work very hard, they can also be notorious procrastinators and sometimes they have absolutely no attention span.   And after talking to other teacher's, this is normal for that age.

So in about a week I can get back to quilting more, unless they surprise me and advance to state.  I want them to do their best, but I also miss sewing and quilting.

So will I do this again next year?  You bet.  Because next year will be the last year my son is on this team and even though I don't get to quilt as much as I would like, I do get to watch as this once little boy grows up into a young man. And that only happens once.

 And he just LOVES robotics.

So in a little over a week I should be back in my mom cave sewing away and will have something to share.

Until then, enjoy the snow for those of you in the north country.


   



No comments:

Post a Comment