Sunday, January 13, 2013

Getting ready to build....

So I worked on finishing all the cutting and creating the smaller 3" blocks for these two Easy Street.
Now I am onto the building the blocks.

So here are the piles for my two quilts.


I hope to start working on the blocks this week and get both the tops pieced and ready for quilting by the end of the month.

I have to say that this is the most complicated quilt I have made.  I am amazed that I was able to keep up with it as well as I did.  It helps to be organized and I did do some organizing. 

I moved some knitting yarn to the closet and out of the sewing room.  I am still debating on whether I want to completely eliminate knitting from my house or just put it aside for now.  I haven't done really any knitting for quite some time now so I am leaning towards eliminating most of it anyway.

I start using Bonnie's scrap system and allocated some small drawers to contain them.  I replaced some bins with shelves to hold some current working on projects, which helped me to clear off my cutting table.  Makes cutting all these pieces so much easier when you have the whole table instead of half of it because of piles of stuff.

Check back on the other Easy Street quilts by clicking here.

Back to building some blocks now.

Sher


No comments:

Post a Comment